In response to all the chaos happening in the world, the yoga community is rallying. Teachers who formerly taught only in studios are going online even though they have to learn a whole new repertoire of electronic tools to make it happen.
Teachers who have long been online are discounting their products to make them accessible to everyone – freebies and low-cost options for incredible content abound.
If you’re looking for ways to take your yoga practice online now that your studio is closed or if you’d like to connect with some new teachers and styles of yoga, jump in and try out #alltheyoga things!
Check out all the options in recorded classes, memberships, live classes accessed on Facebook or via Zoom, and apps listed below.
[This was last updated April 8, 2020. I’ll keep adding things as I find them so if you have some amazing online yoga deals you know about, use, or are offering, let me know!]
- Bad Yogi is offering a free 30-minute class that even absolute beginners will be able to engage with. Check that out <<here>>.
- If you like the Bad Yogi vibe, she is also offering a collection of two weeks’ worth of classes. This page has the recommended calendar of practices plus a link for each day, which you can find <<here>>.
- Continuing with that awesome Shot of Yoga fun style on the mat, Kilted Yoga is offering a 60-minute beginner class, that you can access <<here>>.
- Kilted Yoga also offers a 30-minute class for total beginners (get that <<here>>) as well as a fun class for kids (which you can see <<here>>).
- Ready to change it up with somebody neutral/ body positive yoga? Check out the rotating free options offered by Curvy Yoga over the next few weeks <<here>>.
- For prenatal yoga, check out the free class offered by the experts at Bliss Baby Yoga <<here>>.
- If restorative yoga is your fave, Keisha Nicole is offering a “pay what you want” option for a 1.5-hour supportive yoga class that you can access <<here>>.
- Jeanne Fregil is offering donation-based power yoga classes via Zoom. Just send her a DM for an invite link, and check your time zones because she’s in Madrid. All the info is <<here>>.
- Do a Shot of Yoga is an online yoga book club, and we are offering a 14-day trial of the digital membership for $1 <<here>>. Of course, I’m a little partial to this one, but if you’re interested in yoga books, yoga lifestyle tips, and yoga coaching, this is your chance to jump in and check out the monthly yoga life Master Class, 10-Day Challenges, and all the bonuses packed into this “off the mat” yoga membership.
- YogaDownload.com has a ton of awesome yoga classes to choose from and they are offering a monthly membership fee as low as $10 a month. Their collection is extensive, and they’re adding new stuff all the time! Access their site <<here>>.
- Sadie Nardini has a Fit & Fierce Club membership (if you like HIIT workouts or you enjoy working up a sweat, this is for you!) and she’s offering 9 weeks of free access. Head over <<here>> and select the $9.99 a month/ free trial option then enter in the code FFCFREE60 (all caps, no spaces) before you put in any payment info.
- Do Yoga With Me is offering 2-months of access to all their yoga classes (ranging from beginner to advanced) for free to all who are quarantined due to COVID-19. Check it out <<here>>.
- The Integral Yoga Teachers Association is offering a ton of live course offerings <<here>>, all of which are offered via Zoom and have a donation option. Options include hatha yoga, integral yoga, and gentle yoga.
- Yogaville, a Virginia ashram, is offering a range of free talks and yoga classes live on Facebook <<here>>.
- Healium Wellington in New Zealand offers a free 30-minute live yoga class <<here>> on their Facebook page every weekday at 8:30AM New Zealand time (3:30PM EST)
- Also on Facebook, is YogaDownload.com. They offer a range of free livestream classes as well; catch that <<here>>.
- Deva Primal and Miten offer live chanting and meditation to music on their Facebook page almost daily. Check it out <<here>>.
- All the Down Dog apps (which include Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout) are free for everyone until May 1. Students and teachers of K-College can get them for free until July 1 <<here>> and so can healthcare professionals, who can access the deal <<here>>.
- Gaiam offers a yoga app full of classes that are searchable by length of time, focus, and style. Lots of options to customize and they’re giving 7-days free when you access the app <<here>>.
More Yoga Awesomeness
- A free 5-Day online summit is happening from April 22 through April 26th called the Embodied Yoga Summit. It’s 5 straight days jammed packed with yoga classes and conversations plus a bunch of bonuses like downloadable workshops and audio meditations. Sign up <<here>>.
- The Calm app has a page posted with a bunch of audio meditations that you can access any time for free. Check that out <<here>>.
- If you’d like to take advantage of the down time or turn your attention toward the postive during what little down time you have, try out the Mini Mailer option at Do a Shot of Yoga. It includes everything found in the digital subscription (10-Day Yoga Challenge, monthly Master Class, live yoga coaching and bonuses) plus you get the book of the month mailed to you. Use code FIRSTBOX5 to get $5 off your first Mini Mailer (more than 23% off!)